Exciting news! I have been nominated by Elle at HeyJayel for a Liebster award!
Thank you so much for thinking of me!
What is a liebster? A liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The purpose of the award to nominate up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, learn more about them and be part of the connected online community. Sounds good to me! 🙂 Thank you Elle, for the nomination.
If you are nominated and interested in participating, here is the process:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
HERE WE GO…
Eleven Things About Me:
- I am an educator, writer and humanitarian.
- My brother is eight years younger than me.
- I failed the pig dissection in high school science class.
- Favourite food? Kimchi.
- Harriet the Spy was my favourite book as a child.
- Although I don’t have a “life plan” right now, I consider myself an optimist.
- One teacher at my high school said I wouldn’t go far in life.
- Another teacher wrote “don’t forget about this school when you’re rich and famous” on a screenplay writing assignment that I submitted.
- My favourite movie is “Goodfellas”.
- I love playing with children: painting, dancing, singing, etc. Because I’m a kid at heart, my job never feels like work.
- Someday I’d love to open a coffee shop that sells stationery.
Answering Elle’s Questionnaire:
1. What do you like most about your hometown?
My favourite thing about Toronto is it’s diversity. So many interesting people and such variety makes it a wonderfully cultured place to live.
2. Which song best describes your life right now?
The Lumineers – Ho Hey
3. What is your favourite late night/ midnight snack?
I try not to eat late at night but when I do it’s straight for the cookies. This is why I don’t buy cookies anymore. Or if I’m watching a movie, chips. Definitely chips.
4. What is your weirdest quirk?
I put an X through each day that goes by on my calendar. Maybe that’s not weird to other organized people out there, but it annoyed the heck out of my former coworker.
5. Which superhero/Disney princess did you want to be when you were younger?
Belle was my favourite Disney princess. I liked that she had a huge library in her castle and that she was always reading, but I wasn’t the princess type. When I was young I wanted to be able to communicate with “Ghostwriter“. If you were a kid in the 90s you might know what I’m talking about.
6. Do you have a catchphrase? If yes what is it?
“Aiiigo” 아이고 , which means “Oh my!…” in Korean.
7. What’s the funniest/weirdest nickname ever given to you?
8. Tell me one thing that people don’t know about you?
I was once issued a lawsuit for a million dollars.
9. Has something happened to you that you didn’t believe would ever happen to you?
A few years ago I met a homeless woman who lived in McDonalds. We became friends. She had no family and few friends, but we met every Wednesday morning. We talked about culture, education, politics, love and life. She passed away last year. She told me that I was her angel and that I was the only family she had left. Now, I am writing a book about our friendship and what she taught me.
10. If you could call yourself another name, what would you name yourself?
I’m stumped. I don’t think I’d change my name even if I could.
11. Who do you admire most in the whole world?
This part is the most difficult for me. Because I am new here, I don’t have eleven people to nominate so I will start with one and add on as time goes by.
1. Emma at Em’s Den
2. Amber at Amber in Kitchener
3. Em at polkadotparadiso
4. Kimberly at kimberlyah
5. Lydia at snailswithmail
6. Annett at Knetty Craft
7. Debbie at Mailmaker
8. Kelly at My Personal Thoughts
I have read that the award must be presented as a widget
or green: once the process is complete.
So I will present the pink award on my blog and hopefully after nominating ten other lovely people I can show the green one! I’m keeping my eye out for sweet bloggers out there 😉
Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
1. What do you expect your life to look like in 2029?
2. If you could have dinner with a historical figure who would it be and why?
3. What is the most interesting/strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
4. Tell about a nice thing that you’ve done for someone recently.
5. If you could go back to a moment in your past when would it be?
6. What items are in your bag, purse, backpack or briefcase?
7. What cosmetic, fashion accessory or item makes you feel like a million bucks?
8. What happened on your worst date?
9. Who is your favourite artist (singer, author etc.)?
10. Ice cream in a cone or a cup?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Thanks for reading. I’ll be back to nominate more liebsters soon!
Congratulations to those who have been nominated!
Stay sweet, my friends!